Identity and Contact Details
Quantum Science Ltd is a leading nanomaterials company based across the North of England and is the data controller for the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and country specific data protection laws.
The Head office is based at Office 11,Campus Technology Hub, Daresbury Lab, Keckwick Lane,WA4 4AD, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)1925 864866
Data Protection Representative Contact Details
The Data Protection Representative at Norikazu Hiramatsu can be contacted by sending an email to: email@example.com
‘Personal Data’ shall mean any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (Data Subject); an identifiable person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to other factors or reference points.
What information Quantum Science Ltd Collects
Quantum Science Ltd collect Personal Data from:
- Candidates that wish to work for Quantum Science Ltd
- Prospective Customers
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research or customer service purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Purpose of Processing
Quantum Science Ltd records customers data, which includes customer contact details, such as address, phone numbers and email addresses to facilitate the delivery of services.
For reference and information purposes, correspondence received from telephone conversations or emails are stored in our systems, in case it is needed to refer back to at a subsequent date.
Quantum Science Ltd may collect information about customers general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better more personalised service.
There are different types of cookies. The ones used by Quantum Science Ltd are:
- Performance cookies: these collect information about how visitors use our website, for example which pages are visited most. These cookies do not collect information that identifies visitors to our website.
- Advertising and Third party cookies: We do not use persistent cookies or similar technologies (known as action tags, single pixel gifs and web beacons) to provide country-specific content or assess information about your visits to this site. These cookies may be used within third party advertisements on the site.
The type of personal information that we typically collect and hold about clients is information that is reasonably necessary to help us manage the presentation and delivery of our services. This may include contact information, including names, titles, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers.
How and Why We Process Your Personal Data
We only collect information that you supply to us via email, telephone enquiries or from direct interaction with you via email or telephone. This is used for various reasons depending on the nature of the interaction. This could be to:
- advise you of relevant product information
- contact you to establish your research interests with a view to a possible partnership project
- address an investor relations query
- pursue a potential business relationship as a customer or supplier
The company has a legitimate interest in processing personal data for the above listed purposes in order to operate its business effectively and where you are a customer or supplier, to enable the performance of a contract with you.
For Job Applicants
As part of any recruitment process, the organisation collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. Quantum Science Ltd is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. The organisation collects a range of information about you. This may includes:
- your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- your CV containing details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history;
- information about your current level of remuneration, including benefit entitlements;
- whether or not you have a disability for which the organisation needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process;
- information about your entitlement to work in the UK; and
- equal opportunities monitoring information, including information about your ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health, and religion or belief.
Who we share your personal data with
Your information will be shared internally for the purposes listed above. This includes members of the Sales & Marketing team, Members of the Finance and Supply Chain teams and members of the Investor Relations team. This access is restricted to those staff where the data is necessary for the performance of their roles.
The company will not share your data with third parties, unless your enquiry needs to be handled by third parties working with Quantum Science Ltd, such as the Registrar.
The company will not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area.
The personal data that Quantum Science Ltd collect is only retained for as long as needed. The criteria we use to determine the period can vary for each type of data, which depends on statutory or contractual obligations. Following expiry of this designated period, your personal data will be securely deleted.
Data Subject Rights
Quantum Science Ltd are committed to facilitating your rights, where you are fully entitled to the following:
- Obtain or gain access to the personal data we hold about customers on our records
- The rectification of your personal data which you believe in inaccurate
- The restriction of processing your personal data
- Object to processing of personal data, where processing is based on legitimate interests (unless Quantum Science Ltd have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing) public interests and direct marketing purposes
- Have your data erased from our records
- Have your data ported in electronic, machine readable format from Quantum Science Ltd to yourself or another organisation
Please contact our Data Protection Representative for assistance and we shall take action on a request without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt. That period may be extended to two further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests.
The right to lodge a complaint
In the event that you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can raise a complaint to the Information. Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in addition to maintaining the right to complain to a supervisory authority.
Quantum Science Ltd will always endeavour to explain what personal data we require from you and the reasons why it is required. Should it be determined at a later date that we need to process your data for an additional purpose which you are not aware of at point of collection, we will ensure you are fully informed of our intentions and your rights as explained above will be applicable.