(Senior) Ink Formulation Scientist
Location: Daresbury, Warrington
Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
Quantum Science Ltd (QS) is seeking a (Senior) Ink Formulation Scientist to join our R&D team based in Daresbury, UK. As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to work on exciting optoelectronic projects and to shape the company’s future technologies. QS is a technology leader in advanced semiconductor materials and is pushing the leading-edge technologies for emerging markets such as next-generation smartphones, advanced driver-assistance systems, industrial automation, and medical applications.
You will be a key contributor to a team of technologists supporting new product development within QS as well as driving research efforts into next-generation technologies. You will be given the flexibility to succeed in an environment where your success is measured by our well-defined performance metrics and provided avenues to reach your individual career goals while fulfilling the company’s mission. QS will consider supporting work visa for exceptional overseas candidates.
The work environment is fast-paced and requires comprehension and resolution of complex problems. A high level of self-discipline, initiative, and motivation is required as you will need to handle and prioritise multiple tasks simultaneously, with minimal supervision. Diligence towards meeting project requirements on schedule is essential.
Company and Business Overview
Quantum Science is a leading material innovation company with strong portfolio of intellectual properties. We contribute to society through material innovations to transform image sensors, to change the way we detect diseases.
We have fostered strong relationships with leading research organisations and industrial partners to keep us at the forefront of innovation while achieving a stable foundation thanks to investors who share our long-term vision. Several of our R&D team innovators are from global leading universities or semiconductor companies.
We work closely with research and business partners to develop innovative technologies and then license the developed technologies to create a win-win partnership with our customers.
Our company is based in Techspace One, Daresbury National Laboratory, Warrington, United Kingdom
Main tasks and responsibility
- Plan experimental strategies and organise lab-work for new quantum dot inks for optoelectronic applications.
- Work closely with interdisciplinary R&D to produce samples and optimise ink formulations for best performance in optoelectronic devices and meeting requirements of industrial coating.
- Assist to handover the ink formulations and manufacturing process into the production facility.
- Implement different testing methods to provide feedbacks for further improvement and support QC to monitor ink quality.
- Assist in sourcing and evaluation of innovative raw materials required for ink formulations while considering all aspects of performance, technical implementation, and cost saving.
- Write progress technical report with data interpretation, conclusion drawing and solution presentation clearly and accurately.
- Participate in innovation and write invention disclosure and patent applications in timely manner.
- Assist in maintaining and promoting a safe working environment.
Skills and Experience
- PhD in chemistry, material science or equivalent degree with deep knowledge in surface chemistry, colloid and interface science.
- Experience in the designing, formulation, manufacture, testing of nanomaterials-based inks and coatings for electronics is essential.
- Experience with surface modification of nanoparticles.
- Require to be creative and innovative to generate and implement ideas.
- Critical thinking and good at problem solving.
- A can-do attitude and good team player.
- Excellent verbal & written communication and presentation skills.
- Well organised and ability to manage, prioritise and address forthcoming issues.
- Experience in statistical analysis using JMP, origin, etc is advantageous.
- IT skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Achieving project milestones.
- Reporting results to Team Leader in a timely manner.
- All invention disclosures/ patents filed in a timely manner.
- All samples are sent to other teams and customers in a timely manner.
- Perform proper characterisation on samples.
- Identify needed equipment and carry out procurement if required.
- Competitive salary
- Performance-related bonus system
- Pension contribution
- Life insurance
Qualified candidates should send the CV to HR@qscis.com